Archives -


Are you hearing what they’re saying?

Becoming a better leader requires a host of skills, not least of which is learning to listen effectively. Yet most leadership training programs that claim to make you a better leader focus on speaking and the need to inspire others. When thinking about this, I have to ask, “How can one inspire others without listening …


Reinventing Marketing and Sales Conversations

If there is one thing I’ve learned from working with emerging entrepreneurs and small business owners, it’s that they have little to no idea what sales and marketing are about! For those with an inkling, they rarely understand how to make it effective for their emerging business – especially when it comes to Internet Marketing …


Overcoming Limiting Beliefs

What do you believe about yourself? Are your thoughts propelling you toward success? Or are they holding you back from achieving your goals? Limiting beliefs are those closely held convictions that constrain you in some way. You diminish yourself and impoverish your life just by believing them. More than anything, your limiting beliefs will destroy …


Sharpening Your Business Vision

As an entrepreneur, creating a vision for your business involves generating a vivid mental image of what you want your business to be at some point in the future, based on your values, goals, and aspirations. Having a strong vision of your hoped-for future will give your business a clear focus, and can stop you …


A Business from your Passion, or a Passion for your Business?

How often have you heard the phrase, “Passion is the key to success?” So, does this mean that passion is the key to entrepreneurial success? As a budding entrepreneur, such a phrase may be the guiding light for the work you do. Yet, as I explain in Chapter 3 of my book, The Poppie Factor, …


5 Tips for Stronger Communication

As I explain in Chapter 8 of my book, The Poppie Factor, modern technology has catapulted us into a communicative bandwidth that helps to speed up business but has also made us lazy. The result? Our communication skills have dwindled. Sadly, most people today have absolutely no idea what effective communication really means. For this reason, …


5 Ways to Start Delegating More Effectively

5 Ways to Start Delegating More Effectively The meaning of delegation is to assign responsibility and authority to someone in order to complete a clearly defined task while you, the delegator, retain ultimate responsibility for its success. Many business owners and new leaders fall into the detrimental thought process of “no one can do it …


Establishing Laser Focus

The ability to focus in today’s society has become increasingly difficult. With the birth and progression of the Internet and social media, we have learned that we can get pretty much whatever we want, whenever we want it. In some instances, this is good because it can significantly speed up the process of finding useful …


Elevating Your Network

Once you have mastered the personal interaction between yourself and your clients, it’s now time to take your brand to even bigger horizons.   A huge area of focus should be put on positioning yourself online. In today’s society, people find and acknowledge you online. If you are not found online through a Google search, …


4 Ways to Sell Your Personal Brand

4 Ways to Sell Your Personal Brand 80 percent of the population believe that only people in sales need to be able to sell themselves and/or their product. The other 20 percent of the population, believe that selling themselves is imperative to succeed in whatever they are trying to accomplish, regardless of if they are …

Page 1 of 9